We are about more than just Hot Yoga! Get our Intro Pass for $49 for 30 consecutive days of unlimited yoga and try all our styles – Yin, Vinyasa Flow, Hatha, Bikram Hot Yoga – to see which are best for you.
We rent mats and towels, and provide filtered water units at the studio. For your first class the mat hire is free, after that you can rent or buy a yoga mat.
- Please come 15 minutes early to sign form and orientate yourself into the studio, meeting the instructor etc.
- Wear clothes that are suitable for the gym (no loose clothing). For Hot Yoga always wear SHORTS rather than long lycra leggings, to allow the body’s natural inner-leg cooling systems to work optimally during hot yoga.
- Drink plenty of water before and after class. Remember to bring a water bottle with you (no glass allowed in studio). We have FREE filtered water for you to refill your bottles. Please try and cut down on plastic!
- Please kindly refrain from bringing in iced water into class– it is NOT recommended during hot yoga, as it is more difficult for the body to assimilate.
- Don’t eat 2-3 hours before class unless something light (e.g. smoothie, banana)
- One litre of water during class is enough for most people.
- Bring two towels; one for class, one for shower. Make sure it’s a bath size towel to capture your perspiration and keep the carpet clean! We rent towels $3 if needed.
- Bring a thin (not spongy) yoga mat if you have one. We rent mats $2 if needed.
- Once in the room, place your mat half way across the blue line to ensure adequate spacing and to help with foot placement. Make sure you can see yourself in the mirror.
- Always have your feet to the back of the room when you lie down on your mat before during and after class. In other words away from teacher and the mirrors.
- Please observe silence in the yoga room.
- If you feel dizzy or nauseous in class for whatever reason, just kneel or sit down in the class where we can see you and take a break, it’s OK! Let your body and mind adjust to what is going on around you and when you feel more balanced, join back in.
- Talk to us after class about any issues you have. Read the website thoroughly and inform yourself about your new hobby!
- Please try all the styles of Yoga offered
Your improvement will depend entirely on the time and effort you put in. Respect your limits (without babying yourself) and expect those limits to change. Just do your best. The harder this yoga is for you, the more you need it and the more you will get out of it. There is no need to show off, nor is there a need to be embarrassed about your level of practice. The success is in the FREQUENCY of your practice. All the hard work pays off. The effort you put into this yoga will return to you in many ways. It’s the very best thing you can do for your health, your body, your vitality, and your sense of well being.
See you on the mat soon!!
all the team at the
Wollongong Yoga Centre
Call for a conversation if you need more personalised advice (02) 4228 9654.
Get started today by making a booking or making a call!!